|Number of Cards||65|
|Instructions||8-page colour printed booklet|
|Players||1 to 4|
Have fun playing a card game and learn C++!
STJ: C++ will help you learn to program while having fun at the same time.
Why should you learn C++?
A C++ coding job is a great career choice. Here are some facts about this programming language:
- C++ is among the TOP NINTH popular programming languages (source)
- C++ is among the TOP FOURTH languages required by companies (source)
- The average salary of a C++ developer is $32 per hour (source)
Invest the value of less than two hours of your future work into a deck of cards that will help you boost your career!
If you are learning to code, it is often hard to discover and memorize all of the functions of a programming language. STJ: C++ Flashcards make it super easy. They combine state‑of‑the‑art memory techniques with a fun-to-play card game to help you remember functions faster.
Here is the science behind STJ: C++
According to research, images help commit information to our long-term memory, images transmit messages faster, images improve comprehension, images trigger emotions, and images motivate learners. In fact, 90 percent of the information transmitted to the brain is visual (source). That is why STJ: C++’s intriguing and beautiful illustrations can help you to memorize C++ functions faster. Side-by-side with the fantasy setting and fun descriptions, STJ: C++ Flashcards are a great combination to help boost your memory! They are eye-catching and they create emotions – the cornerstone to memorize faster (source).
Quick test: do you remember what the first card on this page looked like? Here it is!
Dive into a fantasy world of Summon THE JSON, where excellent visual design, creatures, and fun descriptions will help you remember C++ functions as if by magic.
STJ: C++ is an excellent choice if you:
- want to become a programmer
The Flashcards contain the most useful set of C++ functions that programmers use most of the time. STJ: C++ will give you a great overview of the tools every programmer has at hand. With that knowledge, it will be easier for you to start thinking about the best way to create your application from these building blocks.
- are invited to a coding job interview
A lot of companies use knowledge tests and whiteboard tasks to assess the knowledge of a candidate for a coding job. STJ: C++ helps you remember functions easier. Regular flashcards are boring and make it hard to connect programming functions with anything meaningful. On the contrary, STJ: C++ helps your brain store information about C++ functions in an efficient way. It increases the chance that your brain will give you all of the information you need during a job interview.
- are switching from another language to C++
If you already are a software developer, then you know how confusing it is to switch to another language. Some functions are similar. Some are not. It is worse when you code in two or three languages at the same time. There are a lot of things to remember in every language. You need to find equivalents. STJ: C++ helps you progress faster in learning C++. It shows you the toolset of the language and helps you remember it faster. Also, when you come back to C++ after a break, you can review the cards to recalibrate your brain faster.
- want to code faster without searching online
It is great that we have a lot of easily accessible sources on the Internet, we can find all of the information we need within seconds or minutes. But the Internet will never beat the speed of the human brain. If you remember function names, you can code faster. Moreover, your coding experience will become more fulfilling. You won’t worry about poor connection speeds or that the search engine does not find the answer you are looking for. You won’t be distracted by websites and online ads. Focus is one of the most important assets of a programmer. STJ: C++ helps you stay focused in the zone!
A word from the creator, Tom Smykowski
"- Hello, Tom. Why did you create STJ: C++?"
- Tom: "I have eighteen years of experience as a coder, as a programming educator, and as an employer. Everyday, I help young people to become developers. One of my biggest accomplishments in that area is being ranked in the TOP 3 percent of StackOverflow users for helping others. I run job interviews and code reviews. I often see young people struggle with getting a bigger picture of programming. Today, we have a lot of great learning resources. That is good, but this often leads to confusion and discouragement. So it became clear to me that we all need something like a compass, an essentials toolkit. That is what STJ: C++ is. These are the tools you have at hand. Learning programming is easier if you have guidance on how to start."
STJ: C++ is a card game
Summon The JSON: C++ is not only a Flashcard deck. It is also a game for everyone. Up to four people can play a game of STJ: C++. The deck is divided into heroes, animals, and food. Some cards have points, some have superpowers. You can combine them to win battles against other players.
A game of STJ: C++ can be played by anyone. You don’t need to have any prior programming knowledge to do so. In fact, it is a great way to spend time in a mixed group of geeks and non‑geeks. You can play it with your family, your friends, and your colleagues. Even when meeting new people,
a game of STJ: C++ is a great ice-breaker, a conversation starter, and a way to spend time with other people, chat, and bond. Have a great time together!
Watch STJ decks gameplay:
What is inside?
One deck contains:
- a complete deck of 65 cards with five custom cards included (to make your own cards)
- an 8-page instruction booklet with two memorization modes and game instructions
The cards are premium quality with a linen texture and a durable UV coating. The learning game takes about three minutes. Each game takes about 15 minutes to play and can be repeated indefinitely.
“STJ is unique for me because it implements in a correct, intuitive, and fun way, the complex task of teaching you and reminding you of some programming concepts. People who know, call that mechanism “gamification”. So, STJ is just that, a great gamified programming deck of cards.”
“Summon the JSON is awesome.”
"Anyway, I just ordered a deck!" - Clive Thompson, Boing Boing
* The deck you receive may differ slightly from the photographs because of the continuous improvement process we use for our products. This is to ensure that you receive the latest and best version of the deck. In case of a major change in the deck, we will ask you which version you would like before shipping. The current version is: Marek