|Number of Cards||65 (5 custom)
|Players||1 to 4|
|Size||2.6 x 3.6 x 1.18 in
66 x 91 x 30 mm
Instructions (apply to all decks)
Single player learning game
Two-player learning game
2-4 player game
PRESALE (READ MORE BELOW)
Have fun playing a card game and learn Golang!
STJ: Golang will help you learn to program while having fun at the same time.
Why should you learn Golang?
A Golang coding job is a great career choice, for game, backend, web, mobile and desktop app development. Here are some facts about this programming language:
- Golang is among the TOP NINE most loved programming languages (source)
- Golang is among the TOP THREE languages required by companies (source)
- The average salary of a Golang developer in the US is more than $64 per hour (source)
Invest the value of less than three hours of your future work into a deck of cards that will help you boost your career!
If you are learning to code, it is often hard to discover and memorize all the functions of a programming language. STJ: Golang Flashcards make it super easy. They combine state‑of‑the‑art memory techniques with a fun-to-play card game to help you remember functions faster.
Here is the science behind STJ: Golang
According to research, images help commit information to our long-term memory, images transmit messages faster, images improve comprehension, images trigger emotions, and images motivate learners. In fact, 90 percent of the information transmitted to the brain is visual (source). That is why STJ: Golang’s intriguing and beautiful illustrations can help you to memorize Golang functions faster. Side-by-side with the fantasy setting and fun descriptions, STJ: Golang Flashcards are a great combination to help boost your memory! They are eye-catching, and they create emotions – the cornerstone to memorize faster (source).
Dive into a fantasy world of Summon THE JSON, where excellent visual design, creatures, and fun descriptions will help you remember Golang functions as if by magic.
STJ: Golang is an excellent choice if you:
- want to become a programmer
The Flashcards contain the most useful set of Golang functions that programmers use most of the time. STJ: Golang will give you a great overview of the tools every programmer has at hand. With that knowledge, it will be easier for you to start thinking about the best way to create your application from these building blocks.
- are invited to a coding job interview
A lot of companies use knowledge tests and whiteboard tasks to assess the knowledge of a candidate for a coding job. STJ: Golang helps you remember functions easier. Regular flashcards are boring and make it hard to connect programming functions with anything meaningful. On the contrary, STJ: Golang helps your brain store information about Golang functions efficiently. It increases the chance that your brain will give you all the information you need during a job interview.
- are switching from another language to Golang
If you already are a software developer, then you know how confusing it is to switch to another language. Some functions are similar. Some are not. It is worse when you code in two or three languages at the same time. There are a lot of things to remember in every language. You need to find equivalents. STJ: Golang helps you progress faster in learning Golang. It shows you the tool set of the language and helps you remember it faster. Also, when you come back to Golang after a break, you can review the cards to recalibrate your brain faster.
- want to code faster without searching online
It is great that we have a lot of easily accessible sources on the Internet, we can find all the information we need within seconds or minutes. But the Internet will never beat the speed of the human brain. If you remember function names, you can code faster. Moreover, your coding experience will become more fulfilling. You won’t worry about poor connection speeds or that the search engine does not find the answer you are looking for. You won’t be distracted by websites and online ads. Focus is one of the most important assets of a programmer. STJ: Golang helps you stay focused on the zone!
A word from the creator, Tom Smykowski
"- Hello, Tom. Why did you create STJ: Golang?"
- Tom: "I have sixteen years of experience as a Golang coder, as a programming educator, and as an employer. Every day, I help young people to become developers. One of my biggest accomplishments in that area is being ranked in the TOP 3 percent of StackOverflow users for helping others. I run job interviews and code reviews. I often see young people struggle with getting a bigger picture of programming. Today, we have a lot of great learning resources. That is good, but this often leads to confusion and discouragement. So it became clear to me that we all need something like a compass, an essentials toolkit. That is what STJ: Golang is. These are the tools you have at hand. Learning programming is easier if you have guidance on how to start."
STJ: Golang is a card game
Summon The JSON: Golang is not only a Flashcard deck. It is also a game for everyone. Up to four people can play a game of STJ: Golang. The deck is divided into heroes, animals, and food. Some cards have points, some have superpowers. You can combine them to win battles against other players.
A game of STJ: Golang can be played by anyone. You don’t need to have any prior programming knowledge to do so. In fact, it is a great way to spend time in a mixed group of geeks and non‑geeks. You can play it with your family, your friends, and your colleagues. Even when meeting new people, a game of STJ: Golang is a great ice-breaker, a conversation starter, and a way to spend time with other people, chat, and bond. Have a great time together!
1. What will the deck look like, what will it contain?
All information will be published during the work on the deck.
2. When will I get the deck?
We will start producing decks according to the production queue once we finish the deck design.
3. What happens when I order a ready deck and a deck in presale?
The order will wait until the presale deck is ready. In this situation, it is better to place two orders to have the deck ready faster.
3. When do you plan to start creative work on the deck?
We plan to start creative work in the second quarter of 2023. The works will take about a month. Which deck we work on first depends on the number of orders.